Press Release #07/2019-20
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 12, 2019
Contact: David Mustonen, Communications Director
(313) 827-3006 MustonD@dearbornschools.org
Schools welcome senior citizens,
Premier Citizen Discount Cards available
Dearborn Public Schools has a tradition of welcoming and encouraging senior citizen residents to attend school events by offering free admission and other special discounts via the Premier Citizen Discount Card.
District residents over the age of 60 can stop in to any Dearborn Public School or the Administration Building, 18700 Audette St., to pick up this year’s Premier Citizen Discount Card.
“Many local residents in the over 60 crowd are Dearborn Public Schools alumni or parents of former students. We are happy to welcome them back to school,” notes Dearborn Public Schools Superintendent Dr. Glenn Maleyko. “With the Premier Citizen Discount Card, senior residents can enjoy discounts or free admission to school programs, including musical performances, sporting events, and even lunch in the cafeteria.”
The Premier Citizen Discount Card is free andoffers great discounts on school activities and school merchandise including:
- Free admission to most school-sponsored activities including concerts and athletic events. Discounted tickets are available for plays, which are not free because schools must pay for performance licenses.
- Discounts on select Community Education classes.
- 10% discount on merchandise sold at school stores. (Limit four items per year.)
- Participation in school lunch programs at reduced prices. The reduced price is a 10% discount on the total purchase. (Seniors must contact the school in advance to participate.)
“Community members will be proud of the accomplishments of the young people in their neighborhood,” Maleyko added. “We hope that everyone over the age of 60 will pick up a Premier Citizen Discount Card and take advantage of the free admission and discounts to have an entertaining or informative experience in the Dearborn Public Schools.”